If you’re experiencing an issue where Instagram is only showing old posts in your feed and not displaying new content, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
- Check your connection: Make sure that your device is connected to a stable internet connection. If you’re on mobile data, try switching to a Wi-Fi network. If you’re on Wi-Fi, try disabling and re-enabling the connection.
- Close and reopen the app: Sometimes the app may get stuck and needs to be closed and reopened to refresh its connection. Close the Instagram app and then reopen it to see if this resolves the issue.
- Update the app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed. If there is an update available, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and update the app.
- Log out and log back in: Log out of your account and then log back in. This can help refresh your account and clear any cached data that may be causing the issue.
- Check your settings: Go to your profile settings and check if you’ve changed the settings, by mistake, to show the posts in a chronological order. If so, change it back to ‘Newest Posts’.
- Check your account settings: Make sure your account is not set to private or that your account is not blocked by the person you’re trying to see the posts from.
- Clear cache: Clear your device’s cache and data. this can help if some data on your device is conflicting with the app.
- Contact Instagram support: If you have tried all the above steps and still cannot fix the issue, you can contact Instagram support for further assistance. You can do this by going to the Help Center, in Instagram and report the issue and wait for their response.
Please keep in mind that Instagram has an algorithm that filters the posts on your feed and it does not always show the most recent posts but it try to show the most relevant and interesting post for the user.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the issue of Instagram only showing old posts and get back to viewing the latest content from the accounts you follow.